Panama City is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city with something to offer everyone. Here are 15 things to do in Panama City.
Here are 15 things to do in Panama City.
- Panama Canal: The Panama Canal is one of the modern wonders of the world. You can take a tour of the canal, visit the Panama Canal Museum, or simply admire it from the Bridge of the Americas or Centennial Bridge.
- Casco Viejo: Casco Viejo is the historic center of Panama City. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Casco Viejo is home to a wealth of colonial architecture, museums, restaurants, and shops.
- Biomuseo: Biomuseo is a natural history museum that explores the biodiversity of Panama. The museum is designed by architect Frank Gehry.
- Climb Cerro Ancón: Cerro Ancón offers panoramic views of Panama City. The round-trip hike to the top of Cerro Ancón is about a 2-hour hike.
- Take a rainforest tour: Panama is a country with a rich biodiversity. You can take a rainforest tour to see the local flora and fauna.
- Visit a beach: Panama has many beaches near the city, such as Playa Blanca, Playa Coronado, and Playa Punta Chame.
- Visit Metropolitan Natural Park: Metropolitan Natural Park is a protected area located in Panama City. The park is home to a variety of flora and fauna, and offers a variety of outdoor activities for visitors.
- Hiking: The park has a network of trails that wind through the rainforest. The trails range from easy trails for beginners to challenging trails for experienced hikers.
- Birdwatching: The park is an excellent place for birdwatching.
- Picnic: The park has picnic areas with tables and grills.
Food and culture:
- Sample Panamanian cuisine: Panama has a rich cuisine that blends European, African, and Asian influences. Try ceviche, sancocho, and arroz con pollo.
- Go shopping: Panama is a popular destination for shopping. You can find all sorts of products, from local handicrafts to luxury items.
- Enjoy the nightlife: Panama has a vibrant nightlife. You can find bars, nightclubs, and restaurants that stay open late.
- Visit an indigenous village: Panama has a diverse indigenous population. You can visit an indigenous village to learn about their culture and traditions.
- Take a day trip to Taboga: Taboga is a beautiful island located just a few kilometers from Panama City. You can spend the day enjoying the beaches, sun, and fun.
- Take a trip to Bocas del Toro: Bocas del Toro is an archipelago located in the Caribbean. You can enjoy the beaches, snorkeling, and diving.
- Take a day trip to San Blas: San Blas is an archipelago located in the Caribbean. You can enjoy the beaches, islands, and local culture.
- Visit Soberania National Park: Soberania National Park is a natural park located near Panama City. The park is home to a variety of flora and fauna.
Remember to plan for a smooth trip:
To ensure that your trip to Panama is smooth, follow these tips:
- Get your visa in advance: If you need a visa, apply for it in advance to avoid delays upon arrival.
- Purchase travel insurance: Travel insurance can protect you in case of an emergency.
- Exchange some currency: It is advisable to have some cash in local currency for small expenses.
- Learn some basic phrases in Spanish: Spanish is the official language of Panama. Learning some basic phrases can help you communicate with locals.
These are just a few of the many things you can do in Panama City. With a little planning, you can enjoy an unforgettable visit to this vibrant city.
I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.